Official Rules for Jurdu Contest 3/4/19
Jurdu Contest 3/4/19
THIS IS A TRADE PROMOTION CONTEST. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for any taxes, customs, duties and like amounts connected with the prizes. These Official Rules (“Official Rules”) shall govern the Promotion, and all rules and processes relating thereto.
- How to Enter. To participate in Jurdu Contest 3/4/19 (“Promotion”) for a chance to win the Prize, eligible persons (“Registered Contestants”) may submit (“Submission”) a photo and related description through https://jurdu.com/thread/contest030419/ (“Promotion Site”). Submissions may be made from 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time on March 4, 2019 until 08:00 p.m. Eastern Time on March 15, 2019 (the “Entry Period”), and any such Submissions that are consistent with the Official Rules will be entered into the Promotion. CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER, INC.
- Eligibility. Eligibility to participate in the Promotion or to win the prize is limited to individual persons at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the beginning of the Entry Period, who are legal residents of the United States or its territories and possessions. Limit one (1) Submission per individual. Any effort by an entrant to misrepresent himself or herself through the use of aliases or multiple e-mail addresses will disqualify that entrant in this and any future contests or promotions by the Sponsor. Submissions to the Promotion generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate or win. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, including the Administrator, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Promotion, and persons who were awarded a prize or received other promotional consideration from the Sponsor within three (3) months prior to the beginning of the Entry Period are also not eligible. The Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
- How to Play. The Promotion consists of a request for a submission of a photo and related description through the Promotion Site. Submissions may be made at any time during the Entry Period. After the Entry Period expires, the Sponsor will review all Submissions and select the one it deems the most apt and original as the winner (“Contest Winner”). The Sponsor’s determination of the Winner shall be in its sole discretion and shall be final.
- Prize. The Registered Contestant whose Submission is chosen as the Contest Winner will receive one Amazon.com eGift Card in the amount of $50 (Fifty Dollars), or a substitute prize of comparable value (“Prize”). The Sponsor’s determination of the Contest Winner shall be in Sponsor’s sole discretion in accordance with these Official Rules and shall be final.
- Conditions of Participation. Registered Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions will be final. Each Registered Contestant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and to accept delivery of any Prize won. In addition, each Registered Contestant represents and warrants that his/her Submission:
- is true, accurate and not misleading;
- is the Registered Contestant’s original creation and is owned 100% by the Registered Contestant;
- does not:
- violate any third-party rights, including copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity;
- contain disparaging or defamatory statements;
- include threats to any person, place, business, or group;
- contain images or language that is obscene, offensive, or indecent;
- contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and/or
- contain unauthorized third-party trademarks or logos.
The Sponsor and the Administrator are not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules or otherwise in any materials available at the Promotion Site. By completing a Submission, Registered Contestants grant to Sponsor, its agents and others working on their behalf the right to use the Registered Contestant’s username for advertising and marketing purposes, including on the Promotion Site, without additional compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Unless a Registered Contestant otherwise opts out, Sponsor and its designees may use the Registered Contestant’s e-mail address to contact the Registered Contestant regarding Sponsor’s services and other offers and/or promotions. All Submissions become the property of Sponsor. Sponsor and Administrator shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified or misdirected Submissions, or telecommunication or computer hardware or software performance, errors, delays or failures. If, for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the Promotion becomes compromised, or the Sponsor’s or Administrator’s administration or fulfillment of the Promotion becomes impracticable, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Promotion, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Submission process or the administration of the Promotion.
- Winner Notification. The Contest Winner will be notified by e-mail. Sponsor may require the Contest Winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability waiver, IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations), and/or other necessary documentation prior to the delivery of the Prize (collectively, “Contest Winner Documentation”). If the Contest Winner does not respond to the notification within 14 days, is found to be ineligible, fails to execute the Affidavit or other Contest Winner Documentation required by Sponsor and/or the Prize is returned as undeliverable, the Sponsor may consider such Contest Winner to have forfeited the Prize, and another Prize winner may be selected as time allows. The Prize will be awarded within approximately one week of the Contest Winner’s complete response to notification. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the Prize. The Prize is not transferable and the winner has no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability.
- Announcement of Winners. The username of the Contest Winner will be posted at the Promotion Site on March 18, 2019 and will remain there for at least 14 days after such posting.
- Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Promotion is Jurdu, Inc., located at 875 Pacific Street, Brooklyn, NY 11238 (“Sponsor”).
- Administrator. The Administrator of this Promotion is Jurdu, Inc., located at 875 Pacific Street, Brooklyn, NY 11238 (“Administrator”).
- Disclaimers, Dispute Resolution and Limitations of Liability. Each Registered Contestant hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in this Promotion or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize or any other substitute prize. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, regardless of conflicts of laws principles. Any action or litigation concerning this Promotion shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in New York County, New York, and each Registered Contestant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each Registered Contestant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of New York. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. REGISTERED CONTESTANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.